Phoenix Home Sellers List of 25 Easy Fix-Ups
The condition of your home will have a huge impact on how fast it sells and how much is sells for. Preparing your home for sale can pay you huge dividends. Many fix-ups cost very little, consisting mostly of time and some elbow grease. Here are some simple tips to make your home show its best:
1. Clean the entire home thoroughly. Shampoo carpets, wash walls, clean sills, window screens and blinds. Clean out light fixtures and dust shelving. Get detailed here.
3. Make your rooms look as spacious as possible. Store away unnecessary furnishings that make your home look crowded.
4. Arrange furnishings so your home is easy to walk through.
5. Scale down the number of photos, pictures, portraits and posters hanging on walls. Make sure you patch all nail and screw holes.
6. As a rule, keep your curtains and draperies open. You want your home to look as light and bright as possible. Find ways to screen any unappealing views.
7. Make your kitchen shine. Remove clutter from counter tops and cabinets and keep your sink clean and clear of any dirty dishes.
8. Clean your refrigerator, inside and out. Simple things like putting an open box of baking soda in your fridge will help. Make sure to also remove unnecessary clutter from the door.
9. Clean your oven. Degrease it and keep it looking as spotless as possible.
10. Keep scented candles burning in the kitchen and all bathrooms. Pleasant fragrances will entice buyers to stay in your home longer.
11. Keep bathrooms scrubbed and tidy. Putting out fresh soap and neatly hung towels will help. Try to color coordinate your bathrooms.
12. Keep all sinks in the home clean and repair leaks or slow drains.
13. Go through your entire home and touch-up the paint. Pay close attention to corners with traffic wear. Touch-up baseboards, trim, cabinets and cupboards.
14. A splash of color from plants, flowers, pillows or small rugs can give your home some real flair. Place these accent elements strategically around your home.
15. Make sure that your home is well-lit. Put higher wattage bulbs in dark areas or corners. Keep all lights on during showings, even in mid day.
16. If necessary, use mirrors on walls to reflect light and make rooms look larger.
17. Make sure that all door knobs and keyed entries work. Replace any worn knobs or handles.
1. Clean up around the house. Remove any debris piles such as wood, firewood and landscape trimmings. Trim all hedges, bushes and shrubbery away from the house. Weed and mulch all garden beds.
2. Put some color by your home’s entrance with potted flowers. Keep them watered and looking attractive.
3. Keep all walkways clear, clean and in good repair. This includes your driveways and any parking areas.
4. Keep all outdoor furniture clean and in good repair.
5. Clean your roof and gutters. Keep moss or algae from growing on, in, or around them.
6. Keep your lawn clear and in healthy. A green lawn makes a home look great, so keep it edged and free from weeds.
7. Repair any broken windows, screens, shutters, or awnings.
8. Clean your garage. Remove clutter to make it look as organized and as spacious as possible. Try to have nothing in your garage but cars.
By following these 25 fix-up tips, you can easily increase the perceived value of your Phoenix home and make it stand out above the competition!